Forum discussion regarding pistols chambered in 22 TCM
By Pakn1911
#15050 Anyone tried the Full Size TCM Pistol at 100yds? Lately I have gotten the bug to try some long distance shooting with pistols, no scopes. The TCM is a very flat shooting cartridge and fun to shoot. People at the range look at you kind of funny when you step up to the 100yd range and pull out a pistol. Had to replace the front sight with a taller Dawson sight to get it down but after that I was able to keep 7 out of 10 shots on a 12in square target at 100yds. The problem is seeing the target and or seeing the sights. Got a lot more testing and practice to do but that's the fun of it.

TM
By digitcontrol
#15052 Yeah I had the same idea last fall, since its a flat shooting round that I would attempt to hit a plastic milk jug of water at 100yds. Loaded up my Mid size TCM single stack with some factory rounds & proceeded to give it a try.
Got very close, but your right about sight coverage at that distance & 50+ year old eyes. Also found that factory rounds where very inconsistent, I would see impacts just miss the jug, then next round felt weak and impact was 15 foot short of target.
Plan on a second attempt with some of my reloads to see if they perform more consistent.
all in all a lot of FUN!
By wood chucker
#15059 5 gallon paint buckets at a hundred, aim careful an smoke 'em. People think I'm some kind of master jedi or something. That makes makes me giggle almost as much as hitting the bucket.
By 1911SHOOTER
digitcontrol wrote:Yeah I had the same idea last fall, since its a flat shooting round that I would attempt to hit a plastic milk jug of water at 100yds. Loaded up my Mid size TCM single stack with some factory rounds & proceeded to give it a try.
Got very close, but your right about sight coverage at that distance & 50+ year old eyes. Also found that factory rounds where very inconsistent, I would see impacts just miss the jug, then next round felt weak and impact was 15 foot short of target.
Plan on a second attempt with some of my reloads to see if they perform more consistent.
all in all a lot of FUN!

Digi,
Were you shooting the ARMSCOR Precision, or the ARMSCOR USA? The USA is made in America and
I have never had a problem with it. ARMSCOR Precision is made in the Philippines and is not as reliable.
I have shot my full size TCM at 100 yards shooting steel targets and had about 80% hits on tjem.
At gun fighting range, (7 yards), bye bye bad guy!
I carry in 9MM configuration, TCM is for fun and other shooters coming up and saying "WTF was that"
Blackie
By 1911SHOOTER
Pakn1911 wrote:Have not tried the Midsize yet. I carry it in the 9MM configuration and it will do 4" groups at 50yds. Happy with that.

TM

Pakn1911,
Ditto!
Blackie