Show off your 22 TCM pics, videos, shot groups, kill shots and "big fish" stories
By Restocker
#8442 Well, not a bad rifle! I had a few minor problems. The rear action screw was extending into the bolt race causing the bolt to snag. Took it out and ground off about 1/32", put it back in and no more snags. The magazine fits real tight into the magazine well. The magazine release is real stiff and protrudes on the opposite side right where one puts his finger to get a pinch on the release button, thus counteracting the thumb pressure on the button. The magazine doesn't have an eject spring, so one must grab the bottom flange and pull while trying to depress the release button; very awkward! The 5 round magazine ammo spring is too stiff making it real hard to load #4 & #5. When the magazine is in the rifle, the bolt drags against the rounds in the magazine pushing up against it, making extraction of the previously fired round pretty difficult. The chamber doesn't have a blowback relief hole, so one needs to always use eye protection. I got a couple of "puffs" in my face from low pressure loads that didn't expand the case enough to seal the chamber. Otherwise the rifle is OK. I've posted pictures of my rifle and the target I shot today with it. The circle I've drawn around the hole pattern is the size of a quarter dollar. The reloaded ammo I am using duplicates the rimfire 22 LR. I am using Armscor casings, Armscor 40 gr JHP, WSR primers, 3 gr Trail Boss, COL 1.265", light crimp with a Lee Factory Crimp die, yields 1,300 fps.