Forum discussion regarding pistols chambered in 22 TCM
By ralloway
#15276 Here are some notes that I took about a year ago when I was attempting to chrono factory and handloads as well as zero the sights:

Note that factory ammo would run fine through a perfectly clean chamber, but once they started FTExtract, running one of my 10.1gr H110 handloads (SPP) through would allow at least another 5 factory rounds to cycle perfectly. Running 1 of my handloads and then 5-10 more factory loads would work perfectly every time we tried. About 1 in 10 factory primers show severe cratering and about 1 in every 25 show such severe over-pressure that the cratered primer actually flowed and leveled back out again (shiny, flat ring around firing pin strike location).

These factory rounds were chrono'd at 1913 FPS through my 1911 MS.
My 10.1gr H110 (SPP) load chrono'd at 1710 FPS through my 1911 MS.
The same handload with SRP chrono'd at 1756 FPS.

My handloads ran perfectly with no FTExtract, FYI.

Give SPP a try in your handloads and see if they work.

Striker-fired guns, at least in my experience, don't hit the primer as hard as hammer-fired guns. When I got my progressive press (dedicated to one 40 S&W recipe), I didn't have any FTFire in any hammer fired gun, but my striker-fired X-Dm would FTFire due to high primers regularly.
By DoubleJ
#15277 Not having any issues lighting the H110 with standard SPPs? If not, then yeah, I'll give that a shot and report back.

I did try cleaning the chamber, but it made no difference, and wasn't really that dirty anyway.

I do really think the factory stuff might be over pressure, at least the brass cased stuff I got, the primers do look pretty gnarly.
By ralloway
#15278 No, no problems at all lighting off H110 with small pistol primers. I don't think I've tried any magnum primers.

I left some posts on here about my testing of small pistol versus small rifle primers in a only somewhat related thread. hope my fake smile works again The thread asked about the difference and I posted a bunch of data that I had collected.

IIRC, small rifle primers were around 50 FPS faster and had about 1/2 the extreme spread of pistol primers, but never had any problems with pistol primers.
By DoubleJ
#15284 Armscor says an ES, with factory ammo, of over 400 FPS is totally normal.

Who are these people?

They want to take a look at my slide assembly and see if it's the problem.
By DoubleJ
#15290 They've had my upper for 25 days now, no updates, and they're not replying to my request for a status update via email. Anyone have any contact info over there?
By DoubleJ
#15307 Finally got my conversion "back" yesterday. By "back" I mean I got a different conversion than I sent in. No notes, no explanation, didn't get my ammo back, nothing about the 400+ ES of the factory stuff.

RIA is crap as far as CS goes.

I also cast up 500 little boolits over the weekend to work up some more loads. Gotta coat them, and then I'll be in business.