Share information about reloading the 22 TCM cartridge
By APRock
#15285 Was loading some subsonic 300 BO rounds and looking through my data sheets I found a 22 Hornet load using 45 grain pills and 4198. So, why not? Loaded up some 45g Sierra pills with 10g and 10.25g of 4198 and some 35 Vmax with 10, 10.25 and 10.5. Grabbed the rifle and went to the range.

They shot nice enough, grouped pretty well, but I was just above factory pistol velocities - low 2000's. I think the fastest was right at 2300fps.

Didn't try 'em in the pistol. 4198 is one of the faster rifle powders, but still a rifle powder. Don't know how they would do in the pistol.
By DoubleJ
#15286 Do you think you burned all the powder in the rifle barrel? I'd bet in a pistol you'd get a serious fireball with that burn rate, and maybe some serious fouling if it didn't all burn.
By APRock
#15287 Pretty certain it all burned. I use a Magnetospeed chrony. Attaches to the barrel so it's actual Muzzle Velocities you're getting. Anyway, no undo residue on the unit or barrel crown. Might have to load up a few more just to see how they perform with the pistol.