Discussion regarding rifles chambered in 22 TCM
By Oldman11
#14987 Replace the .22 tcm barrel with a good 9mm barrel with the right twist and Armsco would have a winner. A good all round gun for the farm or woods walking. I want the first one.
By Richard/SIA
#15232 Have not been able to obtain any NEW TCM Carbine's for nearly a year now.
To my perception that is abandoning the U.S. market for the TCM Rifle.
Lots of rumor as to why, my semi-educated guess is that it is related to their erratic/poor accuracy and so many being returned.
By Richard/SIA
#15245 Since I can no longer obtain new TCM's I've altered the plan.

Now selling new 9mm barrels and modifying the customers bolt and feed-ramp.
Final assembly and head-space setting by a local gunsmith will be cheaper than shipping the rifle back and forth was.
Only about $7.00 to send me the bolt and feed-ramp.
Since I no longer handle the host action there is no need for an FFL or record keeping.

Now using Green Mountain barrel blanks since I exhausted the supply of IMI blanks.
By Oldman11
#15247 What is total for bolt work and new barrel? What work will gunsmith have to do? If .22 tcm does not work out I will go with 9 mm,thanks
By Richard/SIA
#15248 Standard 16.5" barrel with or without muzzle thread $300.00
"Cup" non-NFA barrel for suppressor use $400.00

You may need a local gunsmith to adjust head-space since I cannot set it perfectly without the action.
If it's too long the shoulder can be cut back on a lathe, if it's too short a light cut with a chamber reamer will correct it.
By wood chucker
#15252 If you do a two piece barrel nut for adjustable head space I'd be all over it. For what gunsmiths have to charge for machine time, a Ruger PC 9mm carbine or AR 9mm carbine is cheaper way to go9.