Forum discussion regarding pistols chambered in 22 TCM
By APRock
#14894 Anybody got a pic of the work they did on the Mecgar lips? I can envision trying to match the factory mags, but if you didn't, how much did you take off? My Mecgar mags functin flawlessly with 9mm. Get at least 1 FTF with 22TCM though, every time.
By 1911SHOOTER
1911SHOOTER wrote:
1911SHOOTER wrote:
TcmMinnesota wrote:I just got 2 P18s from Midway for 20 each.I will have to contoure the lips just a bit for them to feed but it should be an easy task for anybody that likes to tinker around in the shed.

TcmMinnesota,
Yeah, I had to contour the lips on my Para P18. But it feeds both .22TCm and 9MM now, just got to go to the
range and pop a few caps to see what happens.
Blackie

I took my original TCM magazine, and copied the contour on the new mag using my Dremel tool and the
small conical grinder. Take it easy, though if you try it, go slow, and easy. I got my new mag pretty close.
It feeds 9 MM and .22TCM both, all seventeen cartridges. I HAVE NOT shot it yet though. More to follow
after I go to the range again. Do not do this until I find out if the mag will feed while firing. I would hate
to have any of you waste a mag on my say so without proof.
Blackie

Just got back from the range both MecGar mags worked as designed with my mod to the lips. I just picked
up another one from GunBroker for 19.00 bucks. I am going to try this one with out altering it, and see
what happens. Will advise.
Blackie
By 1911SHOOTER
2011WideBody wrote:Midway had a sale, I picked up 4 of the nickel P18s @ 20 IIRC, tube of Flitz, tear em down this week for the mods.

Wide body,
When you do the grind, use a dremel on medium speed, using the 1/2" grind wheel.
The Metal on the mags is hard, and slow is better.
Make as close as possible to the RIA mag, and you will be good to go.
Blackie