Discussion regarding rifles chambered in 22 TCM
By earlwb
#14908 I just read this article which is a review of the .22 TCM. What is interesting is the paragraph about the rifle and extraction or ejection of the spent cases. The author found that the OEM 5 round magazine was a problem in this respect. Now I never tried a different magazine with it. But now I will have to study that in more detail. I have never thought that the magazine might be a suspect with the difficult extraction of spent cases in the bolt action rifle.

It must be noted that, though the M22 fed fine, extraction was difficult and ejection was inconsistent. With the provided five-round magazine in place, ejection was impossible; in fact, after each shot the magazine had to be removed for the case to be expelled. When employing the 17-round HC version from the Tac Ultra, ejection was far more reliable, though still not perfect. It’s my hope that SAAMI approval is attained and other arms makers bring to market .22 TCM-chambered rifles, as the cartridge’s full potential in a long gun isn’t currently being realized.

ref https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... paign=0817
By earlwb
#14918 I can certainly agree with that point too. it may be just that a modernized 22 Hornet too.

The next time I take my rifle to the range, I will have to see if I can tell if the magazine causes the hard extraction or not. It doesn't make sense to me at the moment. Maybe if I load a round, and drop the magazine, then fire the round and see if it is difficult to extract or not. Anyway it is some food for thought.