Forum discussion regarding pistols chambered in 22 TCM
By RiverRat
#13405 I now have three of the Para18 mags and all I did was cut off two coils off of the spring. All three work great with both 9mm and TCM. The feed lips do look different than my one original mag, but they work without any modification to them.
By TcmMinnesota
#13407 The springs are noticeably stiffer.I have read about people taking a coil or two off.The 2 that I have seem to hold the cartridge at the wrong angle so I figured on contouring the lips a little.Maybe I can get that project on my to do list tomorrow.
By 1911SHOOTER
TcmMinnesota wrote:The springs are noticeably stiffer.I have read about people taking a coil or two off.The 2 that I have seem to hold the cartridge at the wrong angle so I figured on contouring the lips a little.Maybe I can get that project on my to do list tomorrow.

tcmMinnesota,
I touched the lips a little not too much. And only took one loop off the springs. I now have two extra mags for my
.22TCM/9MM. Fifty two rounds. Gayrawnteed to stop a thug. Or mucho fun at the range. Been stashing away .22
TCM, to the tune of about 700 rounds (you know, the Media's definition of "Arsenal". If we own more than two
firearms, that qualifies also).
Blackie
By TcmMinnesota
#13414 I could manually cycle the P18 mags and 9mm and TCM cartridges would chamber and eject fine.It appears to me Rock Islands shorter lip design is to allow the slightly longer TCM cartridge to tip up into the barrel ramp more efficently,so I grabbed the grinder and took a tich off the lips to resemble RIAs.Im going to leave the springs as is for now and just put a full load of cartridges in for now for some break in tension.

You are right Blackie,you might be one of 'those',the media sure likes to fear monger to the impressionable and uniformed majority of society.
By 1911SHOOTER
1911SHOOTER wrote:
1911SHOOTER wrote:
TcmMinnesota wrote:I just got 2 P18s from Midway for 20 each.I will have to contoure the lips just a bit for them to feed but it should be an easy task for anybody that likes to tinker around in the shed.

TcmMinnesota,
Yeah, I had to contour the lips on my Para P18. But it feeds both .22TCm and 9MM now, just got to go to the
range and pop a few caps to see what happens.
Blackie

I took my original TCM magazine, and copied the contour on the new mag using my Dremel tool and the
small conical grinder. Take it easy, though if you try it, go slow, and easy. I got my new mag pretty close.
It feeds 9 MM and .22TCM both, all seventeen cartridges. I HAVE NOT shot it yet though. More to follow
after I go to the range again. Do not do this until I find out if the mag will feed while firing. I would hate
to have any of you waste a mag on my say so without proof.
Blackie

TCM,
I bought my second mag on Gun broker. Paid 17 something. Mag works fine. Check out Gunbroker
search "Para P18" look out for the guys wanting $50.00 a pop for the para mags. Look for the Mecgar
mags. I went shooting today and all three mags worked the same. Shot about 300 rounds. Made
a fellow shooter happy, he is a reloader, and I gave him all my brass. I do not reload, it is above
my intelligence and paygrade! yaeh am not durnk
By 1911SHOOTER
TcmMinnesota wrote:I ran some rounds through my Pics yesterday and no issuies.I may take a coil off the spring.

TCM,
Shot my new mags today again, and they ran fine. I did take one loop off each mag spring. For some reason,
one mag will not take the 17th round in 9MM. But I haven't tried .22TCM yet. Might do that after I sign off here.
Blackie
By Old Gun Nut
#13467 I bought a couple of the P18 mags from Midway, hoping they would work(with no extra work on my part) with the 38 Super barrel on my TCM frame. Well, the didn't, so I got the Dremel out and did the modification to the lips. As both mags would only accept 16 rounds, I took one coil off the springs and now both will load 17 rounds. Took them out yesterday and this morning and they now function well with the 22 TCM and 38 Super..
By 1911SHOOTER
1911SHOOTER wrote:
1911SHOOTER wrote:
TcmMinnesota wrote:I just got 2 P18s from Midway for 20 each.I will have to contoure the lips just a bit for them to feed but it should be an easy task for anybody that likes to tinker around in the shed.

TcmMinnesota,
Yeah, I had to contour the lips on my Para P18. But it feeds both .22TCm and 9MM now, just got to go to the
range and pop a few caps to see what happens.
Blackie

I took my original TCM magazine, and copied the contour on the new mag using my Dremel tool and the
small conical grinder. Take it easy, though if you try it, go slow, and easy. I got my new mag pretty close.
It feeds 9 MM and .22TCM both, all seventeen cartridges. I HAVE NOT shot it yet though. More to follow
after I go to the range again. Do not do this until I find out if the mag will feed while firing. I would hate
to have any of you waste a mag on my say so without proof.
Blackie

Forgot I left this comment.
I now have three Para 18 magazines by Mec-Gar, That feed equally well with no mishaps.
Although my original RIA magazine occasionally will not leave the slide open when shooting in 9MM mode.
Blackie