Share information about reloading the 22 TCM cartridge
By dungheap
#12781 Continued the testing with CFE BLK, same combination as in the preceding post, 12.3, 12.5, 12.7, 12.9gr. No significant increase in velocity. Accuracy with this stuff is OK, but it's too slow in the velocity department for my liking. Shoots about six inches low when compared to my LilGun load. I will try some 40gr bullets, just for the sake of trying. This is strange! CFE BLK performs well in all sorts of small cases, and you would think it would shine in the .22 TCM as well.

Also tried Accurate Arms 2200 with the lighter bullets, pretty much same results -- decent accuracy, low velocities. "Nother thumbs-down.
By dungheap
#13920 Tried some CFE BLK behind 30gr Barnes Varmint Grenades, AP brass, Federal GM205M primers, in the rifle this afternoon. Decent groups with 13.4, 13.6, 13.8 and 14.0 grains, best at 14.0. Bolt lift just starting to feel a little stiff at 14.0 gr, and that fills the case right up to the base of the bullet. Primers look good all the way through the series. I did not chronograph today, too windy.
By dungheap
#14834 Tried CFE BLK with 34gr Midsouth Varmint Nightmare Extreme bullets last weekend, 13.5, 13.7, 13.9 and 14.1 grains, AP cases, GM205M primers. All groups pretty decent, best at 14.1, around .7 inch at 100 yards. Primers look good. Near as I can tell, the .22 TCM likes a full case with these lighter bullets. Still have to get around to trying some 40 grainers, if I can get enough elevation out of my scope. I did not chronograph these loads.