Forum discussion regarding pistols chambered in 22 TCM
By Bigjayste
#4220 Oh no that's a long time, but I wanna start carrying it and I can't carry a gun I can't trust, but if I take it down clean and oil it good she runs great for about 200 rds then it starts again. And I don't know what else to do
By MANual_puller
#4221 Definitely email them to see what they say. That was almost a year ago. Mine likes to run wet I know, never fails but you can just tell it runs better. I don't have to clean it at the range but a few drops of rem oil on the slide helps it. I put a drop on each side every time I load and holster too. I'm a stickler for overkilling the lube, can never use too much IMO. My first TCM I was up to almost 700 through it before it became reliable....I discovered later that it had a bad 9mm barrel for which they replaced the whole firearm. Came back with new serial number and completely redesigned barrels :D
By J. Wireman
#5691 I guess my jamming/FTE nightmare wasn't unique to my pistol. Gave up and sent it back this week.
Hoping for a fairly quick turn-around. Just FYI, I found the live chat to be the instant way to get through.
Even on Sunday! Gonna miss it, real Tack- Driver! When it would fire....
By Old Gun Nut
#5762 JWireman,
My TCM had the same problem....9mm barrel would not feed/function. I sent it in and got it back 6 weeks later. Good news it that it has no problems with any ammo at all now; feeds and fires perfectly with any ammo, including XTP hollow point bullets.
By J. Wireman
#5767 Thanks Gun Nut,
Had problems with the .22tcm as well. Feed and FTE. Maybe they'll make good. Waiting as patiently as I can.... lll
By 1911SHOOTER
#6939 I had a problem with my .22 TCM/9MM getting weak primer strikes. And the strike was off center in the primer.
sent the pistil back to Ivan, and got a new pistol a month later. Also sent my .38 super back, got it back within
one month. Not to long to wait since it is free.
By J. Wireman
#7068 I guess I got an earlier model, was deemed faulty by Armscor. Took 10 weeks to get a new gun, but both .22tcm and 9mm barrels are ramped. Early model did not. Armscor was awesome in regards to warranty and customer service. Live chat is the quickest way to get ahold of em'.
By MANual_puller
J. Wireman wrote:I guess I got an earlier model, was deemed faulty by Armscor. Took 10 weeks to get a new gun, but both .22tcm and 9mm barrels are ramped. Early model did not. Armscor was awesome in regards to warranty and customer service. Live chat is the quickest way to get ahold of em'.

That sounds familiar. :D Same thing happened when I sent mine in. My older model was replaced with a newer one. Haven't had a single issue with the new one so far :D
By Grayowl
#14818 If you have trouble with the tcm rounds feeding - try different O.A.L.s The TCM mag mis feeds 9mm rounds because the 9mm is shorter. I've found the best mag for the 9mm is the 10 round Wilson Combat mag (can't advise what would be best for double stack.) I carried a 5" 1911 45acp from 1980, on duty and off, until now. Now, at age 79, I'm switching over to my Rock Island with the 9mm ramped barrel. The trigger and barrel/slide lockup was perfect as it came from Rock Island - I was expecting less. The 9mm in a 40 oz. 5" 1911 will have less felt recoil than the 45.acp. When loaded to the same power factor, the 147 gn. will have less felt recoil than the 115 or 124gn. Why? Because recoil is the product of energy, not power factor. Energy equals bullet weight times velocity squared.