Discussion about technical issues and upgrades to 22 TCM firearms
By cdt
#700 After I couldn't get the gun to chamber from the mag Saturday I was thinking about doing a little grinding on the barrel throat. Then I thought that I had never done this before and thought better. I took it over to a local gunsmith and explained what I was trying to do. I'll post the verdict in a week or two. Like Dirty Harry once said, " a man's got to know his limitations".
By cdt
MANual_puller wrote:
22tcm wrote:I love this post. I am following it intently.

You too? Lol local gunstore has a nice single stack rock in 38 super for $450 but I'm holding off simply because the possibility of someone figuring out how to get this to work :D

Looking back, this would be the logical option, but once you get an idea in your head it's just hard to think logically sometimes. If this works I'll be glad I did it. If it doesn't work at least I'll have some spare parts for the 38 super I'll have to think up an excuse to buy. :D
By 22TCM
MANual_puller wrote:Yeah, but there's just something neat about basically having 3 different guns with the same frame....encore 1911 anyone?? LOL! :D

Love my encore!
By cdt
#929 Well, it can be done. I picked up my gun from the gunsmith this afternoon and just came back inside. I fired 16 rounds each of 38 super, 9mm, then 22 tcm without one hiccup. It wasn't a cheap conversion (although the gunsmith work was very reasonable) but I'm glad I did it. You could get a single stack 38 super for the cost of the conversion, but I wanted a double stack in 3 calibers. If you already had the slide, picked up a 38 super barrel, and had some gunsmith skills you could do it for very little. The gunsmith did put a slight bevel on the barrel throat and adjusted some work I had done. Thank goodness for good gunsmiths. :)
By MANual_puller
#930 Well that is super fantastic news! I'm glad you got it! I'm really interested in doing this conversion too since 38 super is an approved caliber for deer hunting in Iowa but 22TCM and 9mm are not. I was really shocked when I discovered that 9mm wasn't wut ....oh well yarr
By cdt
#932 I don't see any part numbers, but I got a FS Tactical 9mm/38 super slide from Advanced Tactical and a 38 1911 super 5" barrel from E-Sarco. The slide shows out of stock on the Advanced Tactical website, but I'm sure any GI length 38 super/9mm slide would work fine. E-Sarco shows the barrels in stock.
By MANual_puller
cdt wrote:I don't see any part numbers, but I got a FS Tactical 9mm/38 super slide from Advanced Tactical and a 38 1911 super 5" barrel from E-Sarco. The slide shows out of stock on the Advanced Tactical website, but I'm sure any GI length slide would work fine. E-Sarco shows the barrels in stock.

:D Thanks sir! Will probably be looking into that! I'd love to have a sidearm with deer hunting, especially if I have to drive through thick brush. The 12 gauge just gets heavy and sometimes you can't even get it up through the briars! lol
By microgunner
#936 Sounds like a great setup.
I've done something similar with my SIG P226.
With three slides, four barrels, three recoil springs my P226 fires .22lr, 9mm, .357 SIG and .40S&W. With multiple magazines in three versions.
It was an experiment in extreme versitility and all calibers run great.