Share information about reloading the 22 TCM cartridge
By dungheap
#13747 What's the difference in overall length? Any reason you can't just seat your bullets a little deeper and maybe drop y our powder charge a half grain or so? Or, just try a different bullet to get the OAL you desire. On the surface, it sounds like a lot of putzing around to achieve your goal.
By knowolive2000
#13749 Dungheap, The 22 TCM 9R fits in a 9mm magazine. The 9mm OAL is 1.169. 22 TCM OAL is 1.265. So I'd have to cut or seat deeper by .096 inches. I plan to do a combination of the two if I can't just seat deeper, but I wouldn't want to cut off more than a couple grains of weight. Just wondering if anyone has done this before. KO
By dungheap
#13755 First thing that comes to mind -- why not just buy some 9R ammo?

If I were going to do this, I'd weigh a loaded round, file the tip of the bullet to the desired length, and weigh it again to determine how much weight you've removed. If it's not too much, and you wanted to shorten a bunch of them, I'd use my El Cheapo Harbor Freight chop saw to get the job done.

The BIG BUT is that I don't think I'd do it at all, but that's just me.
By Steiner
#13764 Only thing I know for sure is that the 9R is listed as a 39 grain vs 40 for the TCM. Looking at the two bullets, it looks like it would take both circumcising and a deeper seat. I think if you just tried seating a TCM bullet to 9R depth, the base would extend past the case neck which probably wouldn't be good. Lend the gun to someone you don't really like to see how it works though. To the eye it looks like it would be easy as 9R doesn't seem to be available for reload.