Share information about reloading the 22 TCM cartridge
By bulldog89801
#13426 As we all know there is a real lack of reloading support for the 22 TCM cartridge. But slowly, we're going to get there. I for one would really like to see someone jump on making a chamber/caliber /case gauge (or whatever the proper name is) to aid in the final kerplunk check. I know we all currently use the barrel and that's fine but for the longest time all I had was my rifle and that was rather inconvenient. Now that I have a pistol, its easier but I love my multiple slot case gauge (block) from EGW.

I've asked several firms if they would be interested in making one for the 22 TCM and they all kinda pooh pooh the idea. Even Armscor gave it the thumbs down. BUT a company called Sheridan Engineering seems the most promising. I know that many of you have also contacted them and that's the only way we're going to get a company on board is by contacting one or two companies collectively. To show them the level of interest out here. Please contact Sheridan Engineering and express your interest in their product. http://www.sheridanengineering.com

Thanks for listening...
Bill R.
bulldog89801
By tinkertoy92
#13438 I just use my pistol barrel- figure nothing is more accurate than the gun it's going in. That being said my little brother is learning to use a lathe right now and if he gets good enough I was going to get a chamber reamer and a gm barrel blank ( i have lost all faith in the tcm rifle barrel... the mgm encore encore barrel im waiting on better be an improvement :P )and let him use it as a pet project. If he does that it seems to me it wouldn't be that difficult or expensive to take a couple pieces of aluminum bar stock and drill out a handful of drop in case guages at least until he wears the bit out. I guess if he ends up actually rebarreling it I'll let y'all know in a few months and find out if anyone still wants one
By bulldog89801
tinkertoy92 wrote:I just use my pistol barrel- figure nothing is more accurate than the gun it's going in. That being said my little brother is learning to use a lathe right now and if he gets good enough I was going to get a chamber reamer and a gm barrel blank ( i have lost all faith in the tcm rifle barrel... the mgm encore encore barrel im waiting on better be an improvement :P )and let him use it as a pet project. If he does that it seems to me it wouldn't be that difficult or expensive to take a couple pieces of aluminum bar stock and drill out a handful of drop in case guages at least until he wears the bit out. I guess if he ends up actually rebarreling it I'll let y'all know in a few months and find out if anyone still wants one

I think we all agree there are so many things we wish we could get third-party. I like the my rifle but the barrel is definitely an issue. I'm a firm believer that the 22 TCM cartridge is capable of more than 100 yard range and groups but the bullet selection has a lot to do with that too! One step at a time! We shall overcome...
By Rangemaster1
#13738 I should be getting a 22 TCM chamber reamer from PTG shortly. Actually, I should have had it already. Anyway, I wouldn't mind making up a few gauges for whoever wants one. I have a bunch of 22 cal barrels I could cut up and make gauges from. I would charge for the wear and tear on the reamer, say $15 each plus shipping, which would be about $7.50. If you're interested send me an email so I have a record. The work will have to be done between my regular jobs, so it may not be instantaneous. I would make them to a "go" gauge which is an unfired factory round of the largest I could find in three boxes factory stuff, the difference being bout .002". I would make them not only to headspace, but also to OAL case length according to factory spec. So if it sticks out of the case too far, it would require trimming.

Rangemaster1@msn.com
By LizardKing1545
#14916 A seller on eBay by the name of "The Shooters Box" has been telling me for almost six months that they will be producing a case gauge for 22 TCM. Last message I received was on 7-12-17 saying they are waiting on the final specs from Armscor then they will be in production in a months time. Obvisously that time has passed but hopefully they didn't scrap the idea.