Share information about reloading the 22 TCM cartridge
User avatar
By 1911SHOOTER
#14160
dungheap wrote:
digitcontrol wrote:I was kind of under the impression that ASW was connected to Armscor in some fashion.


Ya think???

It's amazing that we can get darn near anything we purchase from hand tools to underpants from China when needed and on time, but when it's coming from the Phillipines, it's a different story. Armscor may have a U.S. plant making ammo, but I'd bet the components are being made overseas, given what they sell for.


Dungheap,
I just heard back from Ivan, Armscor does not have a clue! He tells me that ASW has bullets. ASW website
shows different.
Blackie
User avatar
By 1911SHOOTER
#14162
1911SHOOTER wrote:
dungheap wrote:
digitcontrol wrote:I was kind of under the impression that ASW was connected to Armscor in some fashion.


Ya think???

It's amazing that we can get darn near anything we purchase from hand tools to underpants from China when needed and on time, but when it's coming from the Phillipines, it's a different story. Armscor may have a U.S. plant making ammo, but I'd bet the components are being made overseas, given what they sell for.


Dungheap,
I just heard back from Ivan, Armscor does not have a clue! He tells me that ASW has bullets. ASW website
shows different.
Blackie



Just received this from ASW in an email. At 0950 today.
" We have more on order but Armscor does not say when we will have them.
Thanks, ASW"
User avatar
By dungheap
#14168 Funny! That's almost word for word what my distributor's rep said -- "on order, but we don't know when we'll see any."

Supply and demand? Not likely

Just plain piss poor business practice? Probably

Sarc off.
User avatar
By 1911SHOOTER
#14170
dungheap wrote:Funny! That's almost word for word what my distributor's rep said -- "on order, but we don't know when we'll see any."

Supply and demand? Not likely

Just plain piss poor business practice? Probably

Sarc off.


Dungheap,
I sent this email to Carlos Tauson today. He is the big noise for distributing in the U.S.

"Mr Tauson,
I am inquiring about the lack of bullets for reloading your .22TCM.
Advance Tactical is out of them, and apparently suppliers such as
Ammo Suppy Warehouse are unable to get them.
Many are searching for alternate manufacturers.
On the blog I monitor and go to for advice on your guns
many are asking "Where are the bullets". Many reloaders are into
the .22TCM for it's delight to shoot.


Blackie
User avatar
By akwxmn
#14186 I have been getting good results with this bullet: .22 Caliber 37g Flat Point gas checked Sized .225 Lubed with with CaraRed

Made from L3 Alloy at 22BHN from Reed's Ammo. I've been reloading this one for my Glock.
User avatar
By skull
#14274 Just something I've been considering as a newbie to this firearm and its possibilities...Is it possible to load .22 mag bullets such as the 40 grain wmr tmj into the tcm cartridge, and if so, where would a guy buy those bullets? Would it be feasible and safe to do so?
User avatar
By 1911SHOOTER
#14275
skull wrote:Just something I've been considering as a newbie to this firearm and its possibilities...Is it possible to load .22 mag bullets such as the 40 grain wmr tmj into the tcm cartridge, and if so, where would a guy buy those bullets? Would it be feasible and safe to do so?



Skull,
We are all looking, I am down to 800 rounds, and really do not want to go online to buy the ammo at the shipping
prices. Only LGS in my area is charging $26.00 or there about for 1 50 rd box. ARMSCOR USA needs to get their
stuff together. I wonder, has anybody tried Gander Mountain? They are shutting down all their stores, and
maybe some of them carry Armscor ammo. Ammo seek has it for $16.25 a box, but the shipping kills the
savings. We need an ammo store on line that does not charge shipping. (Rots o' Ruck)!
Blackie


http://ammoseek.com/ammo/22tcm