Show off your 22 TCM pics, videos, shot groups, kill shots and "big fish" stories
By NavyVet1959
#3679 Well, I've been wanting one for awhile and I could just kick myself for not buying one of the high capacity full size models back when they were under $500 street price, but I finally stumbled across a single stack mag model and was able to get it for $500.

The previous owner had won it on an Armscor promotion. It is their "Commemorative" model. The one on the left in this photo:

Personally, I would have preferred just the stock flat black one.

Also, the rail prevents me from being able to holster it in my kydex OWB holster.

The above 2 photos look pretty crappy since they were done with my cell phone camera and there wasn't enough light.

This one is slightly better, I guess...

(link to full size image)
By NavyVet1959
tinkertoy92 wrote:slick rig man- looks pretty stellar, definitely like the american flag theme

Well, I would have probably preferred a TEXAS flag theme... :)

Seriously though... I'm just not that crazy about the blue Duracoat / Cerakote finish the gun. I think it should have stayed the same black it started out as and then maybe added the red and white accents. Yeah, that would have made it red, white, and *black* instead of red, white, and *blue*, but that shade of blue just doesn't look right on a firearm in my opinion.

Oh well... It's how it functions, not how it looks, right? :)
By NavyVet1959
MANual_puller wrote:Ah! I remember entering to win one of these! I was a loser though :D Congtatulations on the find! Definitely a rare piece! :D

I sent Armscor an email to see what they used for the coating. They said it was Cerakote and the bronze colored ones are hydrographic dipped.
By 1911SHOOTER
NavyVet1959 wrote:
tinkertoy92 wrote:slick rig man- looks pretty stellar, definitely like the american flag theme

Seriously though... I'm just not that crazy about the blue Duracoat / Cerakote finish the gun. I think it should have stayed the same black it started out as and then maybe added the red and white accents. Yeah, that would have made it red, white, and *black* instead of red, white, and *blue*, but that shade of blue just doesn't look right on a firearm in my opinion.

NavyVet,
Me, I prefer the old finish on the 1911s we used to carry on the quarterdeck. (Non Navy, Google it)!
My combo shoots great with both calibres, In fact, the 9MM is my carry piece in the winter time.
Summer time I carry a baby Rock. I guess you could call me a "Rock Hound", I only have 6 RIAs.
RMC RET.
By 1911SHOOTER
NavyVet1959 wrote:

Yeah, NavyVet,
A Lone Star on the grips at least. Maybe a dilly engraved on the slide. :=}
RMC RET (in Copperas Cove)
By 1911SHOOTER
NavyVet1959 wrote:Well, I've been wanting one for awhile and I could just kick myself for not buying one of the high capacity full size models back when they were under $500 street price, but I finally stumbled across a single stack mag model and was able to get it for $500.

The previous owner had won it on an Armscor promotion. It is their "Commemorative" model. The one on the left in this photo:

Personally, I would have preferred just the stock flat black one.

Also, the rail prevents me from being able to holster it in my kydex OWB holster.

The above 2 photos look pretty crappy since they were done with my cell phone camera and there wasn't enough light.

This one is slightly better, I guess...

(link to full size image)

Navy vet,
One Navy vet to another, you will enjoy the pistol. I enjoy mine at the range shooting .22TCM and I carry the
9MM double stack version. One little bit of advice if I may, when you buy ammo, make sure it is the Armscor USA
mfd in Stevensville, Mt. The Armscor Precision occasionally has a brass swelling problem. Unless they have
corrected it.
I got my .22TCM 1911 double stack from Bud's gun ship, for $600.00 and change, I just checked, and
they have gone up another hundred and a half! Hang on to what you have navy.
Blackie
By DenisSpelp
#14844 ill second that have seen very few people happy with a combo - for the extra price just get the separate ones