Show off your 22 TCM pics, videos, shot groups, kill shots and "big fish" stories
By sandog
#3106 I had some friends up at my range a few weeks ago, and as we were driving down the jeep trail to leave the property. My friends in the rig behind called me to say that there was a rattlesnake that had been lying by the road, and when I went by I must have clipped it with my truck tire. They probably wouldn't have noticed it either but it was wriggling around. I went back and dispatched it with the TCM. Snake was about 2 1/2 feet long.
That day I had finally remembered to run some TCM rounds through the chronograph. My RIA came with an O.D. green Duracoat on it, but it was already chipping behind the ejection port, I guess where the brass was flipping around after ejection and hitting the slide.
Yesterday I blasted the slide, and today I'll Cerakote it a Coyote tan, will give the TCM a nice two tone contrast. I'll put up some pics of the "new look' in a few days when I get it back together.
By sandog
#3238 New Cerakote on the TCM ( Coyote tan) slide. I also did my 3 magazines, as the gloss blue looked a bit shiny and could be a rust issue down the road. Later on I'll re-do the frame in O.D. Green and be rid of the Duracoat. I had fitted an ambi safety to it, and it had some sharp edges which I dehorned, so the safeties, and maybe other controls on the frame I'll do in Coyote Tan.
By MANual_puller
Jesse Heywood wrote:Sandog - What are those grips? They sure don't look like snakeskin!

Snakeskin would be awesome! He even got the basic materials with his TCM already :D

He said somewhere that it was self adhesive skateboard tape and considering the material he was working with, he did a bang up job IMO. Looks pretty good for how simple it is.
By earlwb
#5974 It does look really nice like that too. The Cerakote treatment came out really good. The skateboard tape for the grips is unique and interesting. I am sure it is super sticky for gripping the handgun too.