Show off your 22 TCM pics, videos, shot groups, kill shots and "big fish" stories
User avatar
By OldEagleEars
#1905 Last year I decided to spark up the appearance of my TCM/9mm combo doublestack and did a little upgrading of some elements and polishing of others. I also planned to Cerakote the gun but the guy I was using sort of vanished without notice. So I put it together as it was and went ahead with my plan to mount a red-dot optic on the slide.
The optic mount had some growing pains but it now seems to have come together. The Cerakoting involved finding another local source that is seriously trained in the process and has done a spectacular job on the gun.

[imgImage][/img]

It also carries a Guncraft trigger, EGW bushing and spring cap, Wilson thumb safety and Hogue sights. The colors are Barrett Bronze on the slide and Burnt Bronze on the frame. I haven't shot it yet in it's new look but hope to soon.
User avatar
By Megadale
#1916 [b]Very Nice !! :) :) Were the Issues with the Burris Mount due to thickness /Grove in the Slide Area ?[/b]
OldEagleEars wrote:Last year I decided to spark up the appearance of my TCM/9mm combo doublestack and did a little upgrading of some elements and polishing of others. I also planned to Cerakote the gun but the guy I was using sort of vanished without notice. So I put it together as it was and went ahead with my plan to mount a red-dot optic on the slide.
The optic mount had some growing pains but it now seems to have come together. The Cerakoting involved finding another local source that is seriously trained in the process and has done a spectacular job on the gun.

[imgImage][/img]

It also carries a Guncraft trigger, EGW bushing and spring cap, Wilson thumb safety and Hogue sights. The colors are Barrett Bronze on the slide and Burnt Bronze on the frame. I haven't shot it yet in it's new look but hope to soon.
User avatar
By OldEagleEars
#1917 The mount was actually for a Docter and I had to remove the little "feet" at the corners of the Bushnell sight and cut a groove in the top of the mount to allow an adjustment bar in the sight room to move. There was some necessity to narrow the dovetail tenon on the mount to fit the slide cut since it was the old Rock-Island-specific dovetail. Luckily I have a file just for that situation! It was a very much trial-and-error process and that meant it was easier to polish out all the scratches on the mount than try to refinish it in black. I've blue-Loctite'd all the mounting surfaces and screws of course. I did do some shooting with this mounting earlier before the final fitting and it worked pretty well. I've so far zeroed it with a laser boresighter to about 18-20 feet but it will need to be dialed in on a hot range.