Discussion regarding rifles chambered in 22 TCM
By Travelor
#3954 I got one of the "early" rifles with an absolutely horrible barrel and returned it. THE RIA customer service fellow, Phillip, was very helpful in this problem. A new rifle arrived yesterday.

Now for the bad news. Here is the new unfired by me rifle's barrel:

What can I say other than I have been back in contact with RIA and sent pictures. Waiting for reply.
By 22TCM
#3958 That is to bad you may have to go through two rounds. The good news is that their service is above the rest. I am sure you will receive proper acknowledgement and care.

Agreed, keep us posted.
By MANual_puller
Travelor wrote:Got a message yesterday that RIA wants the rifle back and included a return label.

We'll see what they do next...................................

The whole situation is rather inconvenient but that's the best news you could get. Good luck guy! Keep us posted!
By motorscooter
#4046 It be nice if we could get the serial numebers of the bad ones, to see if its just the frist ones or if it's random thru the build. hate to have people sending there's back. just because of the fear that they got a bad one. just my thought. O_O
By MANual_puller
motorscooter wrote:It be nice if we could get the serial numebers of the bad ones, to see if its just the frist ones or if it's random thru the build. hate to have people sending there's back. just because of the fear that they got a bad one. just my thought. O_O

From what I've heard and seen the early ones are worse. I'm estimating something like 10% were bad. I don't have any numbers to work with so it's more of a guesstimate than an estimate. Martin said on one of the facebook groups sometime in September(maybe?) that they had figured out what was going wrong and had employed a new process to weed out the bad ones. Whether it's working or not has yet to be seen I think. I'm sure there are still some new bad ones sitting on shelves somewhere that haven't been purchased yet. There's no sense in sending it back out of fear that it's bad. There's no safety concerns for the operator. You'll know if it's bad when you try to sight it in and can't get it to group. :D
By motorscooter
#4055 Oh i wasn't sending it back Matt.it shoots to good.
thanks Travelor. see mine is 1428 and it shoots very good. and i guess mine would be an early one.
so i guess its hit and miss.