Discussion regarding rifles chambered in 22 TCM
By MANual_puller
123wsg wrote:Armscor is selling P.O.S. and prospective buyers should take heed and look elsewhere. Sure they answer e-mails and phone sometimes, but their quality control is really bad and no ammount of " I will fix it right away " BS makes a poor product right. Please, all kool-aid drinkers dont respond to this post. If big A gives you wood, go into a private place and enjoy yourself.

Well, I've got a Budweiser in my hand so I should be alright to respond. Haven't bought kool-aid in years. :D

We get it. You had a bad experience. Thanks for sharing. Rock Island has many more satisfied customers than disgruntled customers. I don't understand what is so difficult for you to understand that you're an unfortunate exception. You shared your story of misfortunes and I'm glad you did but please refrain from pouncing into random threads just to bash their products. If you have something useful to add to the conversation, then by all means chime in. Some of us desire to figure out what is going wrong with some of these rifles and possibly help fix the problem. Dismissing everything as junk is not going to help the cause.
By 22TCM
#3961 Opinions are welcome on 22tcm.net. We are built to support the cartridge and the makers of the arms that support it. That being said, it is understandable that people get upset in an investment that does not work out.

From close personal experience, the Armscor team are great people that are pioneering many things right now including the XT pistol which I happen to love. It is impossible for a new development to come out perfect first shot. Many companies make mistakes, it is those that make an effort to resolve them in the best way possible that succeed.
By 123wsg
#3962 If everybody is so happy with armsor, why is this site so full of " disgrunteled " posters ? you guys need to get a life, out side of the twenty five people that post here. Hell if you two removed your own love struck posts from this place that would open up about 90 % of the the used space. If this place has a Mod they can feel free to ban me if you like, or jump back into your gene pool when you finish that not american owned beer and break your necks.
By MANual_puller
123wsg wrote:If everybody is so happy with armsor, why is this site so full of " disgrunteled " posters ? you guys need to get a life, out side of the twenty five people that post here. Hell if you two removed your own love struck posts from this place that would open up about 90 % of the the used space. If this place has a Mod they can feel free to ban me if you like, or jump back into your gene pool when you finish that not american owned beer and break your necks.

Dude, I am a mod. I'm not going to ban you. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and banning would be uncalled for. I feel for you, I really do. I would be incredibly frustrated too if I had the experience you had. Give a reason as to why you feel the way you do. Share again your experiences if you want. Not everyone has been around here long enough to remember the conversation you and I had a month or so ago. I'm just asking you not to bash and dash. Add to the conversation. Don't downgrade the thread to facebook level crap. To insinuate that someone should commit suicide just because they don't agree with you is rather juvenile....
By TOU
#13987 I know it's very anecdotal at this point but all I know is I am thoroughly loving my custom built CZ 527 in 22 TCM with its 1:7 twist Lilja barrel that I bought as new from a good friend. It is performing way beyond my expectations. I'm sure the quality of the build helps but it really is a very accurate rifle & the round seems very destructive in general. It's tough to prove per se but I think it may indeed actually be improved by this fast twist rate compared to others I know with rifle in this caliber with much slower tastes. I.e 1:20 of the old 22 Hornets. That is not necessary for modern bullets shooting under 350 yards...& this is no 350 yard round.

What I also know is this thing was laser accurate up to 125 yards that we were shooting this weekend at Wyoming Prairie Dogs. It bucked the wind well & was absolutely DESTRUCTIVE to them with factory ammo. I can't imagine it with hot loaded V-Max bullets.

Something else I also know, that is that I will never sell this rifle...not even back to its original owner no matter how much he keeps asking. LOL

Cheers,

TOU
By dungheap
#14002 I agree completely that a faster twist would be an improvement to the RIA rifles, but I'm not the one paying people to manufacture them. I do hope you will post results you get from handloading, but for what it's worth, I really think that the lighter bullets are the ticket to success in this caliber in rifles. At least, that's what has worked for me so far. What the pistol shooters do, IDGAS.
By TOU
dungheap wrote:I agree completely that a faster twist would be an improvement to the RIA rifles, but I'm not the one paying people to manufacture them. I do hope you will post results you get from handloading, but for what it's worth, I really think that the lighter bullets are the ticket to success in this caliber in rifles. At least, that's what has worked for me so far. What the pistol shooters do, IDGAS.

Thank you dungheap, I really appreciate your commentes here & on Small Caliber. Not sure when I will get around to reloading for it as I have quite a bit of factory ammo & am quite tickled with the field results that I've had so far with the factory ammo. I'm actually thinking about buying their bullets ($60/1000) when I do...tough to beat.

On existing brass, I'm thinking I can load them for:
$0.06=bullet
$0.025=primer
$0.035=powder
+/-$0.12/each total

To put the cost in perspective...the 22 Mag (WMR) in the Hornady or Winchester ballistic tip are now costing as much as $18/50rnds = $.36/each. (Cabela's)

After this weekend, I'm actually shopping for a RIA Ultra 22-TCM as we type...can't seem to find it under $775 so far. Thinking about an SBR'd AR or even a 16" carbine. Lastly, I came across their rifle locally for $250 nib...may snag it for fun. Then thinking about it as a donor for adding a fast twist barreled truck gun repeater that used the same pistol magazines. However, not sure if it would be cost effective yet. But thinking...

I wished they would put faster twist barrels on both their pistols & rifles...I think it would increase their performance even further...but it still seems counter-intuitive to most.

Take care!

TOU
By dungheap
TOU wrote:
dungheap wrote:

After this weekend, I'm actually shopping for a RIA Ultra 22-TCM as we type...can't seem to find it under $775 so far.

TOU

TOU, what rifle is this? I see only two .22 TCM offerings by RIA, and $ 775 is about $200 over retail on either. Do they have something new that I have not heard of yet, or ? Actually, I have not been able to find any RIA .22 TCM rifles available at all lately. Also, concerning Armscor bullets, I can do way better than what you mentioned if'n you're interested. :)
By TOU
#14019 Sorry, I should have specified...RIA Ultra 22-TCM/ 9mm PISTOL, Ultra is a model. Locally it is $775, the standard combo version is $680.

On bullets...please PM me at Small Caliber.

As to a rifle, I think I've found one locally (unfired) for $250.

On a AR rifle...still researching options.

Thx,

TOU