Discussion regarding rifles chambered in 22 TCM
By MK111
#13956 I bought a new TCM rifle when 1st available. Serial # TR00041*. Reading all the rough barrel and poor accuracy problems I contacted RIA customer service. Wanted to know if I should shoot it or send it back for a new rifle unfired.
Their reply was shoot it as there was very few problems with the early rifles. But if there was a problem they would correct it.
Any comments of this?

I also have the double stack 1911 pistol. This will be the year for shooting both.
I'm looking at getting a AR upper in 22TCM if this rifle isn't accurate.

I plan on sighting it in later today. And will do a follow up report.
By dungheap
#13960 Perhaps there's a miracle in store for you. Go ahead, do what they say and shoot it. Hope springs eternal!
By MK111
#13961 Shot it today in 25-35 MPH gusting wind.
Shot at 25 yds and 2 shots almost touching,
Shot another 2 shots after scope adjustment and almost touching.
Shot another 2 shots after another scope adjustment and almost touching.

This with a 4 power Leupold scope that wouldn't adjust out the fuzzyness. So the rifle shows accuracy promise.

I'll change out the scope tonight and redo tomorrow and shoot at 50 yds.

But boy was this factory ammo hot. It was almost a 2 hand job to raise bolt to unload. The bolt bearing areas where well greased. Even had 2 factory rounds fail to fire after 2 hits. The 1st round out of the new gun failed to fire after 2 good primer hits. I was upset to say the least.

More info to come as I shoot more.
By MK111
#13981 I put a Redfield 1x4 compact scope on the rifle.
Sighted in at 25 yds. Got several 2 shot groups with bullets touching. So the rifle shows accuracy promise.

But the non firing caused problems.

Shot 2 different boxes of RIA factory ammo both says 'Made in USA'. Got 2 more boxes and will try them later.
One box shot 8 and 2 did not fire even with double hits.
2nd box shot 16 and 8 did not fire even with double hits.
Both boxes the fire round the bolt lift was tough.

As a test I decapped 10 fired case and put in rifle primers.
9 fired and 1 did not.
Not sure what this proves but I had to know.

Sent a email to RIA customer service stating the above. I'll report what they say.
By MK111
#13986 In less than 3 hours I received a RIA customer service reply. They are sending a prepaid shipping label to return the rifle. They seen the light primer hit before but couldn't explain it.
By Mgammon
#14035 Sounds like a shipping grease clog around the firing pin in the bolt ... RIA is good about fixing things .. There are several articles on here and on facebook thread about sticking bolt after firing ... Glad RIA
is doing you right ... Their customer support is great ... I am currently getting 5 center punch rounds touching at 100yds shooting factory ammo and reloaded ammo, so the rifle will do the job ...
By earlwb
#14036 I was going to say the same thing. That shipping grease could have gotten in around the firing pin making it sticky inside the bolt. I had to put in a lot of effort to get the grease off of my rifle.
By MK111
#14081 I sprayed the bolt down with carborator cleaner then sprayed it down with WD40.
Fired 5 rounds of factory ammo and all 5 fired OK. So maybe it was 2 yr old factory grease that harden.
How do I take the bolt apart to clean out the firing pin hole?
By earlwb
#14104 Well, there doesn't appear to be much information about how to disassemble the bolt itself. Armscor suggests just doing what you did and blow it out good using cleaning solvents, and lube, etc. The bottom portion of the firing pin is exposed on the underside of the bolt, so that may help make it easier to get much of the sticky stuff off too.

ref video here on taking a 22 TCM rifle apart:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U8NhK04pFs

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eil2nt7LQXE
By bulldog89801
#14110 Here is the bolt disassembly procedure that I was given:

Ensure the firing pin is locked back in its locking position. Place a small allen wrench between the gap that forms when the firing pin is cocked. Slowly release the firing pin down onto the allen key. This will take the pressure off of the back end allowing you to depress the loaded pin indicator on the bolt. Remove the large pin that cocks the bolt back. Once out you can slide off the bolt handle. Becareful of the springs. Once the bolt handle is off there is a retaining pin that holds the firing pin spring. Punch that out and the firing pin can be removed. The toughest part is the spring. It is stout. It sounds tough but really isnt.