Discussion regarding rifles chambered in 22 TCM
By pmiya
#4785 I haven't had any issues with hard extraction with my rifle but my pistol had to go back to RIA and the slide was replaced due to the extractor tunnel being out of spec.

There were quite a few reports of failure to extract with the pistols. One of the issues has been cartridge cases that were excessively long. They should be 1.025". Others had rough chambers. Excessively long cases can cause high pressure combined with a rough chamber will cause difficult extraction.

Check the fired cases to see if they are longer than 1.025 also check the primers for signs of flattening and cratering. Look at your chamber and see how it looks. If you're chamber is rough I would contact RIA and have them take care of it. There have been issues with the quality of their barrels.
By MANual_puller
#4807 I have had 2 TCM pistols, both had rough chambers and both needed extractor tuned. I also had some bad ammo lots, especially before I got my new one. I think that the ammo problem has straightened out, I haven't heard any complaints about it in a while and I myself haven't bought a bad lot in over a year. My new gun continues to get better the more I shoot it, it hasn't failed in a long time but you can tell it just feels better and smoother than it used to. They take some break in time. RIA isn't as particular as some mfg about getting all the burrs on the edges of things knocked off and some of their parts have rough spots from tool marks that need to be knocked down by firing. Work polishing as I call it. It's definitely a finicky round that takes some patience but once it starts to run you'll have a blast.
By MANual_puller
tnirwin33 wrote:I see you mentioned bad ammo. I fired 1 box and had 2 misfires. A friend of mine has fire 14 rounds and had 3 misfires. Is this the gun or the ammo. I think it is the ammo but not sure.

Easiest way to find out is to buy another box of a different lot and try it. The lot number is printed on the inside of the box end flap on one end.
By MANual_puller
#4846 Also, when you say misfire what exactly does that mean? Did you get all the rust inhibiting stuff out of it? That is not a lubricant and needs to be thoroughly removed and then the gun lubricated with whatever lubricant you like.
By MANual_puller
#4946 That's what they always say. There's some truth to it I think. Both my TCM guns got better with time. The new one took a lot less. I think their chambers can be a little rough and it takes a certain number of cycles to work polish them smooth. I only had stickies in the first 150. Up to about 400 consecutive now without a hiccup. The first magazine it only cycled properly 6x....
By dungheap
#5332 I would have a really, really rough time coming up with kind words in a reply to anyone who sold me a rifle, any rifle, suggesting it needs a 500 round break-in, but that's just me. My machine shop guy gave me some 800 grit and 1000 grit polishing compound to use in my chamber if it needed it (it didn't), but a few applications of each on a tight fitting patch maybe spun by a drill should take the roughness out. A rough chamber should leave imprints on the fired cases.

500 rounds!!! -- Really??
By 5ontarget
#5448 I sent my TCM pistol back to Armscor due to malfunctions with the TCM barrel. It fail to extract more often than not, and I'd have to use a cleaning rod to tap the case out. I figured it was a rough chamber, and that's what it was. I probably could have done it myself, but I figured that they should take care of it and make my new pistol work the way it should. I'm happy to say that they did just that.
I'm going to give my rifle one more range session, then I'll be contacting them about accuracy problems.

Yeah, I know why they say 500rds, but $250 in ammo to make a gun work correctly?