Forum discussion regarding pistols chambered in 22 TCM
By NickM
#15184 It's been a couple of weeks since this happened, been trying to get approved for this forum. At any rate I swapped for a MS HC Combo.

Went to a local indoor range and shot 50 rounds of Armscor 40 grain ammo. I was happy with the operation and lack of any serious recoil but dismayed at lack of accuracy. Shooting at 10 yards it looks more like a shotgun pattern than a pistol group. Swapped out the TCM barrel for the 9m and got my usual 2-3 inch group at 10 yards, which is about typical for me.

So, any ideas? I cleaned the gun well before shooting (really wasn't very dirty) and used TW25 on the rails and Rem oil on other moving parts. Came home and inspected both barrels and nothing jumped out at me. Re-installed the TCM barrel and checked for play at the muzzle and hood, very tight.

I really want to like this round but would probably prefer a FS versus the MS. My indoor range frowns on rested shooting so I'll likely head to an outdoor range when it warms/drys up a bit and shoot off a rest to see if things improve.

Will appreciate your thoughts and comments.

Nick
By mbogo
#15189 First, clean the barrel thoroughl.

Next, fire the U.S.-made ammunition; it is more consistent in performance.

mbogo
By NickM
#15190 I cleaned the barrel thoroughly before shooting. I also checked my ammo and only have one box of non-US manufactured which I will fire at sometime in the future. I have 8 boxes of US manufactured ammo so I’m not sure that is the problem.

Nick
By mbogo
#15191 Are there any signs of muzzle crown damage or imperfections?

Are the results the samre from a rest or if someone else (competent) shoots?

mbogo