Forum discussion regarding pistols chambered in 22 TCM
By wmgsmokey
#14934 Guys, I have the MS HC. It shoots low. I painted the front sight white which for my elderly eyes works fine. But, I would like a fiber optic front sight. I think the fiber optic will "lower" the front sight and bring me more on target. Dawson seems to have one that will work. I am wondering if anyone has bought one and what are the specs for one that will allow me to push out the front sight and install the Dawson. Remember, I want to the fiber lower than the top of the current MS HC sight. Thanks for your input.

PS, if no one has actual experience, I will take the white paint off the front sight and put a white dot down lower on the front post. That will work, but I would prefer the fiber.

If you want, you can email me at wmg@zoomtown.com if you have experience and advice.

Bill G
By mbogo
#14939 Why not just file down the front sight?

mbogo
By wmgsmokey
#14940 Good advice, which may be the way I go. I can see the painted front sight pretty well. With my elderly eyes I was hoping the fiber optic would give me greater visability.

Anyway, I should have thought of that. Thank you for the advice.

But, if anyone knows the answer to my original post, I would appreciate that info.

Bill G
By digitcontrol
#14941 FYI on Dawson sights for Armscor pistols. I ordered a sight for my Citadel compact 45 off of Dawson's website after determining the front sight height using there information. Had trouble installing the sight and thought they sent the wrong dovetail cut.
After much bantering back and forth with the tech guy, he disclosed that Armscor was inconsistent with there dovetail cut and that there could be as many as 6 variations.
I asked why that was not disclosed or addressed on their sight page as a notation?
Anyway that provided additional sights after I provided them with some measurements and with some hand fitting I had achieved my desired new front sight.
They do stand behind their products for which I was thankful, but be aware that you could have to do some additional leg work based on size differences.
By wmgsmokey
#14942 Digitcontrol, thank you. Mbogo, you 'da man! I talked to my friends who are true master gunsmiths and their response was "you DA, filing the front sight is old school, but works wonders if you are gentle in your filing." In case anyone doesn't understand "DA," the first initial is for "dumb." Anyway, I am going that way first to see the effect.

BTW, as some of you may believe like me, I wanted a gun and cartridge like the .22 TCM for many years. It is way beyond my wildest dreams to have a .22 centerfire that I could reload in a pistol format. Plus, the trigger on mine and the action is the same or better than my Kimbers. Please support RIA. They have done something that is really, IMHO, an advancement in pistol development. For those who doubt that, take five 1 gallon jugs filled with water and put them in a line and fire through the jugs. Slo mo the shot through the jugs and watch the result so you have some data for those who doubt that a ".22" is a self defense gun. Be sure to let someone else do it and you video so that you don't need to change your clothes as the jugs explode. 'Nuff said.

Again, thanks.
By mbogo
#14944 You're welcome, sir!

As for supporting RIA, I have RIAs in 10mm, .22TCM/9mm, and an XT-22 TAC with threaded barrel. I'm doing my part. :D

mbogo
By Jesse Heywood
#15099 When I sent my FS in for warranty work I had the front sight replaced with fiber optic. Far easier to see on an indoor range. RIA uses a proprietary dovetail. The note returned with the gun spoke of recutting the dovetail for the new sight.