Forum discussion regarding pistols chambered in 22 TCM
By blackbird
#14152 Had a 22 TCM / 9mm in for warranty repair because experienced FTEs and the cases getting stuck in the chamber.
Armscor said my concerns were verified and repaired: it was tuned and test fired.

Got the pistol back (pretty good turnaround time), went to the range and the pistol experienced the same issues I had before I sent it in for warranty repair. I got FTEs every 47-45 rounds for 227 rounds until the FTEs and stuck cases happened every 4-6 rounds and one after another.

I'm wanting this pistol to work properly and be reliable because I really like it when it works.

Anybody have similar problems? If so, what did you do and what was the outcome.
By 1911SHOOTER
blackbird wrote:Had a 22 TCM / 9mm in for warranty repair because experienced FTEs and the cases getting stuck in the chamber.
Armscor said my concerns were verified and repaired: it was tuned and test fired.

Got the pistol back (pretty good turnaround time), went to the range and the pistol experienced the same issues I had before I sent it in for warranty repair. I got FTEs every 47-45 rounds for 227 rounds until the FTEs and stuck cases happened every 4-6 rounds and one after another.

I'm wanting this pistol to work properly and be reliable because I really like it when it works.

Anybody have similar problems? If so, what did you do and what was the outcome.

Blackbird,
Call Ty, or email him at ty@armscor.com. I had that problem with my first .22TCM/9MM
FTE and FTF, though not as bad as yours, and also light strikes. Does this occur with the
.22TCM, 9MM or both?
have you tried swapping the return springs? Some times that helps.
I sent Ty an email, he sent me the label, and in about three weeks I
received a new gun. Straight to my house, No muss, no fuss.
Be sure to explain exactly what has been done so far by Armscor in your email.
Blackie
By blackbird
#14165 Thanks Blackie,

Yes, I've been in contact with Terry. Had the pistol in once already and the problem still persisted. However, Terry has been great - going to send it back again and he will fix/repair or replace it.

I love the pistol when it works - its great! My problem has been only with the 22 TCM.

Posted this because I was wondering if this happened to others and what the outcome was.

Thanks again for your input.
By 1911SHOOTER
blackbird wrote:Thanks Blackie,

Yes, I've been in contact with Terry. Had the pistol in once already and the problem still persisted. However, Terry has been great - going to send it back again and he will fix/repair or replace it.

I love the pistol when it works - its great! My problem has been only with the 22 TCM.

Posted this because I was wondering if this happened to others and what the outcome was.

Thanks again for your input.

Blackbird,
I neglected to mention one thing. Armscor has two brands of .22TCM. One is Armscor Precision, and the other
is Armscor USA. The USA is made on MT, in the USA. I have never had a problem with this ammo.
However, the Armscor Precision is made in the Philippines and had nothing but trouble with that
ammo. Light strikes, stuck brass etc.
In fact, Ivan sent me a new box of USA when I sent him the rest of my Precision.
Mention to Armscor when you send your gun in about the different ammo.
Blackie
By Jeremy B 19131
#14235 I had my new 22 TCM rifle out to sight in last weekend and had several stuck cases, with the bolt almost impossible to retract. I was wondering if it was a rifle/gun issue or ammunition problem. One other item: I had one primer blown out of the pocket. I was leaning toward ammo loaded with too high pressures. I was shooting Armscore factory ammo. After all the problems, I switched to another box - same brand but different lot number. Only shot 5 rounds and had another stuck casing so I quit then. Each time one was stuck I would stop and clean the chamber and throat. Now I don't know where to go with this. Any thoughts? The accuracy was good and I like the round, but I'm worried this will continue or lead to bigger issues.
By dred
Jeremy B 19131 wrote:Any thoughts? The accuracy was good and I like the round, but I'm worried this will continue or lead to bigger issues.

Not really a thought, but ...

Many folks have encountered the "stuck cases" or report signs of factory ammo being loaded hot. Many of these folks have discussed their situations and their resolutions on this forum. Try the search feature - maybe "stuck case" or "loaded hot" will lead you to a solution you like.

Enjoy the rifle and the round. And, clearly, you need a pistol to match. Just tell the wife that Armscor is proud of their 17 round replacement mags.