Forum discussion regarding pistols chambered in 22 TCM
By TonyRumore
#14053 Not really a complete Witness, but a Tanfoglio TA-90 frame with a Witness top end on it. The barrel is 5.5 inches long and fluted where it sticks out of the slide.
The other gun is another TA-90 with a 9mm Witness top end on it.

I started the project with a pair of rusted up TA-90 frames that I got at a local gun show for $40 each....missing a lot of parts. I thought they came out pretty nice considering.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

By earlwb
#14075 Those turned out great. I like them. You did a fine job fixing them back up and even making a .22 TCM barrel for the one too. Nice. Congratulations.
By TOU
#14097 Hey Tony,

Nice looking rigs...nice job! Have you done any experimenting with TCM's in any subs? Day something like a CZ Scorpion EVO? I really wonder about one with it being a blow back

Thx,

TOU
By 1911SHOOTER
TonyRumore wrote:Not really a complete Witness, but a Tanfoglio TA-90 frame with a Witness top end on it. The barrel is 5.5 inches long and fluted where it sticks out of the slide.
The other gun is another TA-90 with a 9mm Witness top end on it.

I started the project with a pair of rusted up TA-90 frames that I got at a local gun show for $40 each....missing a lot of parts. I thought they came out pretty nice considering.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

Tony,
Nice looking job on both guns. Is it just me or is the ejection port on the bottom gun a little smaller that the 22TCM brass?
Then again, these 82 year old peepers sometimes mess me up. (But I can still spot a red-head at
200 yards). :-)
Really nice job on the fluting on that one barrel. Have you fired them yet? If I had done that good a job, I
would be itching to get to the range.
Blackie
By TonyRumore
#14135 You're right, that ejection port does look smaller for some reason, but I mic'd them, and they are both the same.

The upper gun in 9mm works perfectly. The TCM9R needs some work to the extractor to get it hold the TCM rim better. I've just had so much other real (paying) work to do, I haven't had time to tune it up yet.

Tony Rumore
Tromix