Forum discussion regarding pistols chambered in 22 TCM
By Steiner
#13754 Ran across a deal I couldn't pass up on a 51963 which they don't make anymore....2011 Tac Ultra MS TCM/9mm single stack. Guess it rounds out the collection as it gives me a Rock in all three sizes:
Tac II CS 9mm
Tac Ultra MS TCM/9mm
Standard high cap FS TCM/9mm
...and an XT-22/45.

Anyway, do any of you with single stacks know of another magazine that works in the single stack other than the $40 Armscor one? As it will most likely be 9mm primarily, I have some full size 9mm mags I use in my CS (with X-Grips installed) but don't have the new MS in hand yet to see if they'd work.

By Steiner
Jesse Heywood wrote:Can't answer your question, but nice gun. I now have gun envy. Be glad I'm not next door! in love

Thanks! If you did I'd let you borrow them any time you wanted, then you'd probably buy them from me and I'd have a happier wife.
By 1911SHOOTER
Steiner wrote:Ran across a deal I couldn't pass up on a 51963 which they don't make anymore....2011 Tac Ultra MS TCM/9mm single stack. Guess it rounds out the collection as it gives me a Rock in all three sizes:
Tac II CS 9mm
Tac Ultra MS TCM/9mm
Standard high cap FS TCM/9mm
...and an XT-22/45.

Anyway, do any of you with single stacks know of another magazine that works in the single stack other than the $40 Armscor one? As it will most likely be 9mm primarily, I have some full size 9mm mags I use in my CS (with X-Grips installed) but don't have the new MS in hand yet to see if they'd work.

Steiner,
I use Mec-gar mags in my 1911s. Send them an email, and they will fix you up.
Blackie
https://mec-gar.com/
By Steiner
1911SHOOTER wrote:Steiner,
Blackie

Thanks. I use Meg-Gar as well, that's what the govt size mags in my CS are and was planning on seeing if they'd work in the new pistol once it arrives. Just wondering if anyone knows of one other than the Armscor one that will run both TCM and 9mm without modification.
By Steiner
mozeppa wrote:i have 2 wilson combat mags (there again ...$40 pop.) in .38 super.

Thanks. That's kinda what I was expecting. I'll get a cheap 38 mag to try out. Spending $40 for a magazine just.....ooooohhhh.....it goes against everything I stand for.

Found some stainless Sigs with the bump plate for magwell for $23.
By 1911SHOOTER
Steiner wrote:
1911SHOOTER wrote:Steiner,
Blackie

Thanks. I use Meg-Gar as well, that's what the govt size mags in my CS are and was planning on seeing if they'd work in the new pistol once it arrives. Just wondering if anyone knows of one other than the Armscor one that will run both TCM and 9mm without modification.

My .22TCM is a double stack, and the Mec-gar P18 works just fine. I truly do not know what will substitute in a
single stack. But I bet Mec-Gar could tell you. I looked at sites like "Cheaper than dirt" and some others and
they are damn near 40 bucks per.
This is the only one I could find That looks good.
And you need the Super .38 to accommodate the .22TCM length.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mec-Gar-1911-Ma ... SwOVpXYtrj

Blackie.
By Steiner
TcmMinnesota wrote:Congrats on the new sidearm.You shouldn't have posted it,now I will probably get the itch to buy another Rock.

Scratch it, baby. Bad thing is that this was my second one in a month kinda..... My FFL is a friend (free transfers are really starting to p!$$ off the wife) and shoots competitively with an STI 9mm but used to use a 40. He said if he ever got the money together he wanted to go back to 40 because he was tired of outshooting guys but sometimes getting outscored since they score a 9mm lower. He even already had a bunch of 40 ammo loaded and a five gallon bucket of 40 brass he'd picked up at some ranges after competitions. I ran across a new in box RIA 2011 40 doublestack for $500 and asked him if I bought it would he supply the ammo and then buy it from me in a year when he had the money. He said "HE## YES!" so I got it. Well, he decided right off he was going to buy it so I just told him to hang onto it. We shot it a couple of days ago and he's already ordered one of the $110 slides with target sights I posted about earlier.