Forum discussion regarding pistols chambered in 22 TCM
By RiverRat
#13406 I have the 1911 A2 22TCM/9mm combo and I am getting light primer hits on my factory 22TCM ammo. I can't shoot a full mag without two or three light hits. My 9mm barrel shoots fine with decent hits. Anyone have this problem and if so, is there a easy fix that I can do?
By earlwb
#13408 They tend to pack the guns in a grease like anti-corrosion substance. Sometimes the grease gets into the firing pin area inside the slide. So you likely have some grease in there with the firing pin obstructing it some. There have also been rare occurrances of a small piece of brass case or primer, etc getting into the hole in the slide that the firing pin comes out of too. Anyway I would bet that some grease got into the slide causing the firing pin to be sticky. So you'll need to pull the firing pin, et al out and clean it good.
By RiverRat
#13409 Thanks Earl, but I have stripped the slide down and cleaned everything before I would post this problem to the web. I own seven 1911's and am very aware of grease, dirt and other associated problems that could cause a light primer strike. I should of stated in my post that being 9mm ammo fires perfectly and there is only a problem with factory Armscor 22TCM ammo,
if anyone has gotten the same problem? I will contact RIA if I can' get any answers to this problem here. Thanks again for your reply, Earl.
By Steiner
#13411 I'm pretty sure the TCM ammo uses a small rifle primer which is already harder than a pistol primer, and maybe you got an unusually hard batch. Factory ammo is Armscor USA or Precision? Same problem though multiple boxes?

Possibility of harder primer coupled with the 17 lb main spring (which is also lighter than typical used in their others and could also possibly be worn) could put it borderline and be one place to look. I had to start avoiding a particular brand of ammo with my AR once going to a lighter trigger group. My XT22/45 actually came with two different main springs....one to help the 22 cycle reliably and another to use in case there was a problem igniting harder primers when swapping out to 45.

Might be able to swap over one of your other MSH's if you've got a stiffer one to try out if it'll cycle with the TCM
By Waccamaw
#13799 I picked up a 1911 22 tcm in Nov 2016. I have fired 2000 plus rounds in it and I am having the same
problem. The 9mm Fire fine ,the tcm rounds are about 4% fail with factory loads and reloads. I have
removed and cleaned the firing pin. My next thought is to replace the main spring. If the factory spring is 17 lbs has any one got an ideal what weight spring to upgrade to. Thanks
By Steiner
Waccamaw wrote:I picked up a 1911 22 tcm in Nov 2016. I have fired 2000 plus rounds in it and I am having the same
problem. The 9mm Fire fine ,the tcm rounds are about 4% fail with factory loads and reloads. I have
removed and cleaned the firing pin. My next thought is to replace the main spring. If the factory spring is 17 lbs has any one got an ideal what weight spring to upgrade to. Thanks

If it doesn't occur often I would try a 19 which is popular, and what STI typically runs in their 45 but as they are only $2 or so apiece and easy to swap you can get a few. Be aware that it will change trigger feel slightly and can affect the slide. Sometimes it's necessary to lower recoil spring when raising main spring but a 2lb change should hopefully not affect cycling. For comparison, a lot of factory 45's come with a 23lb or so main.
By 1911SHOOTER
RiverRat wrote:I have the 1911 A2 22TCM/9mm combo and I am getting light primer hits on my factory 22TCM ammo. I can't shoot a full mag without two or three light hits. My 9mm barrel shoots fine with decent hits. Anyone have this problem and if so, is there a easy fix that I can do?

River Rat,
I had the same problem with my .22TCM/9MM and sent it back to RIA. I got a totally new firearm within
1 month.
Email IVan or Ty at Armscor they will take care of you.
Blackie

Ivan@armacor.net
Ty@armscor.com