Forum discussion regarding pistols chambered in 22 TCM
By TcmMinnesota
#13337 Hi Steiner.My serial is greater than 20000,that should make it a single extractor model.Visualy the extractor appears in good condition.There is .031 barrel gap in the comp bushing that is on it.I ordered a stainless EGW bushing and will start with tightening that end of the barrel up,see if that helps.Then I will get in contact with Rock Island.This may be why I found it on the used shelf at the store.

It looks like you have a similar compensator bushing on the 51680 you posted a picture of.I do like the G10 grips.
By Steiner
#13338 I feel you....was a little worried about picking up mine used but saw it had a higher SN and the ramped barrels. So far so good......

Yep, the comp bushing was just a toy to try out since I'd read somewhere that it would make an even bigger fireball than normal. Only shot in daylight so far so haven't gotten my jollies yet. It does have a tight fit, it's the Valkyrie Punisher. Yours appears to have a little deeper cuts so maybe another brand. Either way, both it and the standard bushing seem fine but I need to file the lug a little on the comp one because the edge hangs on the spring cap when trying to install and binds it too easily.
By 1911SHOOTER
Steiner wrote:I feel you....was a little worried about picking up mine used but saw it had a higher SN and the ramped barrels. So far so good......

Yep, the comp bushing was just a toy to try out since I'd read somewhere that it would make an even bigger fireball than normal. Only shot in daylight so far so haven't gotten my jollies yet. It does have a tight fit, it's the Valkyrie Punisher. Yours appears to have a little deeper cuts so maybe another brand. Either way, both it and the standard bushing seem fine but I need to file the lug a little on the comp one because the edge hangs on the spring cap when trying to install and binds it too easily.

TCM, Steiner,
Good luck with your TCMs. Remember to put the original parts back on if you send it to RIA.
Be a shame to have the warranty voided. I never "can" my old parts when I upgrade for that reason.
Blackie
By Steiner
#13351 Thanks Blackie. No problem there. It's one of the reasons I passed on a free Cerakote....and why I never shoot anything but new in the box brass cased FMJ. Honest. =B
By 1911SHOOTER
Steiner wrote:Thanks Blackie. No problem there. It's one of the reasons I passed on a free Cerakote....and why I never shoot anything but new in the box brass cased FMJ. Honest. =B

Steiner,
Yeah, me too! I'll never tell. :>}
Blackie
By TcmMinnesota
#13424 MANUAL PULLER I think you are correct on cleanliness.I will keep a clean bore and a really shiny chamber.

Today the stainless bushing arrived.I like the way it looks and it should make holstering easier.It fits tight with little fitment.It cleaned up a lot of the chamber end of barrel play that existed before.That should allow the extractor to keep a positive grip on the cartridge and continue ejection.If the problem continues I have to think it may be occasional cartridge swelling.I am going to try to get to the range tomorrow before we get another cold snap.
By dungheap
Steiner wrote:Thanks Blackie. No problem there. It's one of the reasons I passed on a free Cerakote....and why I never shoot anything but new in the box brass cased FMJ. Honest. =B

Oh-kayyyyy! Sounds like you'll have a deal on once fired brass pretty soon. OK by me!! :)
By TcmMinnesota
#13458 My 17 dollar Houge P14 grips arrived Wednesday so I fitted them on yesterday morning.They are a nice improvement.
Took a box of USA and a box of PRECISION to the range.First up USA,round number 31 FTE then no issue rest of box.The first 3 rounds from the Precision box were FTE then no issues other than a light primer strike some where after.I measured the spent cases on those 4 but no noticeable difference from the others.
I really like this sidearm and when the weather warms up I'm going to switch back and shoot a bunch of 9mm next.At some point I will probably send an email to Rock Island about these couple of FTEs just to let them know about the situation.I am kind of thinking it is more just an occasional ammo issue.
By 1911SHOOTER
TcmMinnesota wrote:Thanks Blackie. I did have my caliper out and measured the 22 barrel and the ID of that compensator bushing that is on it.There is 3 hundreths difference so there is some play.That may be enough to cause some issues.I will look at Midway for a tighter standard bushing or order a factory one this weekend.

TCM,
Remember to return your gun to "stock" before you send it back. Warranty is for life of the weapon. As long as it is
"stock".
Blackie
By Jesse Heywood
#13476 What does the chamber look like? Mine was cut with a worn cutter, had all kinds of ridges. It went back and returned with a properly reamed chamber. I went from 70% FTE to o. Many guns were returned for this fault. I think you have discovered why the gun was traded in.