Forum discussion regarding pistols chambered in 22 TCM
By DoubleJ
#15160 All book loads, still haven't even built the gun. Half of them are a ladder from 9.0 to 9.8gr of H110. The other half are a ladder of the new TCM powder, maybe 8.6 to 9.4gr? Info is on Accurate's website. Wanted to start low due to how deep these things are seated in the case.
By MK111
#15170 How is your lead bullet project working out. From the looks of the cast bullet with the wrinkles I would say there is still oil in the mold.
FYI I boil all my molds in soapy boiling water to remove the oil. The low temps of boiling water will not hurt the molds. Dry and start casting to perfent rust forming.
Or use a healthy washing with a good break cleaner spray to degrease.
By MK111
#15171 Instead of buying the RIA Glock conversion I bought the RIA Witness pistol from Rural King. It was $380 and with sales tax and shipping it came to $415. But RK had a 12% rebate going on so final cost was $370.
By DoubleJ
#15172 I finally got a box of factory ammo, with nickel plated cases for some reason, so I can get a range trip planned. I still haven't fired the thing, really looking forward to it.

Casting those little 40gr pills is tough, it's very difficult to keep the mold up to temp, that's my guess as to where the wrinkles are coming from. Of course, they're just plinkers, and the bases are filled out, so I figure they'll fly 25 feet pretty well, only one way to find out I suppose. Not really looking forward to a marathon casting session though, got 500 brass laying around ready to load.
By NickM
#15185 Curious how the Poly 80 project is going.

I built a Poly 80 (Glock 19 size) last fall and installed a Glock 19 slide. Lot of fun to complete and after 150 rounds it is smooth as butter and very accurate.

If RIA came out with a TCM9R kit for the G19 size I'd probably spring for one. Not reloading TCM yet, just collecting brass but will eventually start reloading.

Nick
By DoubleJ
#15186 Nick, they do have one, same price as the 17 sized kit. I still haven't gotten mine out. Was in the middle of starting a YouTube channel when all the rules changed, so I've got to see if they're going to go full lib-tard on us, and then I'll probably just scratch the idea and get some rounds down range with this build.