I am the board creator/owner.
As of late, I have another business in the firearms industry that has taken my time and I have not been able to check in with the board or even participate in the awesome of the 22TCM cartridge. Along with being busy, Armscor/Rock Island has been less than welcoming to contributing any attention to the board.
This has created some problems with the board:
- If I turn on the spam protector, someone will have to look through LONG list of spammers each and every day to approve the real people. This is time consuming and sometime real people get looked over leaving them in frustration.
- Not having the built in spam protector on means that someone has to manually delete this crap every day.
- There other ways to deal with spam which takes money and time which leads to the second problem.
- There is zero income coming from this board. It cost me a good bit of change and allot of hours to put together. I am paying to keep it up but do not have time to engage and maintain it.
- Not having funding means, we do not have money to keep the board clean and updated.
Thank goodness for MANual_puller. If it was not for him, I would have just let the page go. He has been the FREE admin for this board. He takes the time every day to keep it clean and engaging for our new and old members. I have nothing that I can offer to him as this thing generates nothing in return. Cheers to you good sir. You have been a great asset to this board. Thank you.
Regarding the problems; I am not sure how I am going to approach it yet.
- I have considered selling the board to someone that has the time to take it forward. There is a great income potential with it. This year 22tcm.net welcomed over 71k unique visitors with over 7.6mil in page-views and it is ranked almost as good as armscor.com in Alexa ranks with NO SEO work.
- I have considered looking to partner with someone that has technical skills and time to grow the board in a way that gives back to members. This can include discounts to certain retailers for being a member etc.
If you have any thoughts, feel free to share them. The community on this board seems to be like very other firearm loving person I have met or worked with. For the most part, good people with good conversation focused on a great invention.